Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spotlight

Marilyn Mickelsen Scott

I love Relief Society.  I love all of the kind service that always goes on unseen in this organization.  
I was born in Idaho Falls and grew up on a potato farm.  Go Idaho!  
I have lived in lots of fun different places -- and I have loved all of them.  I spent three years in Colombia as a teenager, served a mission in Italy, lived in Argentina and Spain, went to BYU Jerusalem,  and taught Spanish in Spain for BYU.
I met my sweet husband at BYU and we have been married for 16 fantastic years.  We have 6 high energy, creative, imaginative and talented children.  Volleyball is one of my favorite past-times.  I also enjoy cooking, spending time with family and working out.  I really don't like washing dishes or cleaning my floors, but if I had to choose a favorite "chore" it would be laundry.
I love being a mom and I love serving my children.  I especially like it when they serve me back.
We just moved from Highland, Utah (a piece of heaven on earth), to Katy -- which is quickly growing on us and might just give our treasured Highland a run for its money.

2 comments: