Sunday, November 13, 2011

Spotlight {Western}

                          

Hello!  My name is Sarah Western and I was born in a small town called Red Lodge, Montana just outside Yellowstone.  Living in a small town in Montana was a fun place for a kid.  Our family moved to Chicago when I was 9 and that is where I feel I grew up and call home.  I attended BYU and am a HUGE Cougar football fan.  I was at BYU for 6 years and only missed 1 home game and went to many away games.  I got my BS in Finance and then stayed and got an MBA also emphasizing in Finance.  After college I worked as a financial analyst for a large food manufacturing company until I stayed home to take care of my baby.
I am married to an amazing man, Jason, who is a geophysicist in the oil industry.  I am the mother of three boys and feel so blessed to be raising them!  I love how boys are full of energy and love for their mothers.  I was meant to be a mother of boys because I love sports. My oldest, Alex, plays football in the fall, basketball in the winter and baseball in the spring.  My middle son,  Nathan, plays piano and football in the fall and basketball in the winter.  Then I have a one year old Josh who is just precious. He is trying to learn to walk so he can catch up with his older brothers. 
I LOVE the city!!!  I feel there is not a prettier sight than the tall buildings and lights that make up the Chicago skyline.  My idea of a perfect evening would be going out to a nice restaurant and a live theater production.  I also like cooking as long as my family likes to eat what I cook. :) 
We moved here to Katy and the Katy 3rd ward two years ago and love the ward.  I have been serving in the Young Women as the Laurel Adviser and just adore the girls.  We have amazing girls in our ward and I am honored to serve with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment