Sunday, December 18, 2011

Spotlight {Ashley Field}


My name is Ashley Field (for another week and half anyway).  I am currently a student at Lamar University and I work as a surgical assistant at Oral and Facial Surgery in Katy and Houston.  I am hoping to be accepted into the Nursing program at Lamar in the next year or so.  In my "free time" I love to read and I'm currently reading "The Hunger Games" series.

I am engaged to Thomas Shenton and we will be married in the Houston Temple on December 29th.  Thomas is from Doncaster, England and is the Director of Training for Beaumont Youth Soccer Club.  I met Thomas when he coached my younger sister, Kailey, at a British soccer camp in the summer of 2010.  Thomas took the missionary discussions at our home and was baptized in November 2010 just before he returned to England to await the approval of his visa so that he could work here in the position he currently holds.  It took nine months for his visa to be approved.  During that time, we kept in touch via Skype every single day sometimes talking for hours.  It ended up being a blessing because Thomas introduced his younger brother to the church and was able to baptize him the Sunday before he returned to Texas to start his job.  In May my mom and I went to England to visit Thomas & his family.  Near the end of our week there, we all travelled to London where Thomas had an elaborate and romantic proposal planned.  You can read the story of the proposal at our wedding website:
www.shentonfield.ourwedding.com  

We would love to see as many of you as possible at our reception on the 29th!  We sent out invitations but recently learned that some of them were not delivered.  The reception will be from 6:30-8:30 at the Weston Lakes Country Club in Fulshear.  All are invited to attend and we look forward to seeing you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment