Thursday, January 19, 2012

Women's Conference


Dear Sisters we wanted to send out another reminder about our special women's conference this Saturday.  Few people know about Sister Beverly Campbell and her life's work.  This past Sunday, a sister in Nottingham Country Ward took a moment to share her feelings. She has kindly, written her thoughts  to share with us.   If you are wondering whether or not to come, please take her words to heart.

"I don't know anything about Sister Campbell other than what is written in the back of her books. I don't recall where I even got her first book, "Eve and the Choice Made in Eden". I think I bought it on sale at Deseret Book years ago. Having said that, this "random" book by a "random author" has had a profound influence in helping me understand the temple; why Eve made the choice she did in the Garden; why society's perception of women is as it is; and most importantly, that I have a divine mission to perform as a woman in the last days. I've given the book to a handful of women. It is currently at my sister-in-laws house in CA which makes me sad because I'd like to have it autographed on Saturday. I told the sisters in Relief Society that I'd travel 100 miles to hear Sis Campbell speak about this subject. There is more to the story of Eve than most of us realize." Sister Darla Driggs

-- 

Sara Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment