My name is Diana Noren. I have been married to John for 30 years. I am from Nicaragua and he is from California. We met in college. John is a Chemical Engineer, now working as a project manager. I am a Registered Dietitian with a specialty in weigh management and diabetes control. I work as an independent consultant for a few pharmaceutical companies. I love my job, and I love the flexibility that it provides me.
We have 2 sons, Jonathan who is 26 and David who is 22. Jonathan is attending BYU Provo and will graduate with a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering this Spring. He is also getting married later in the summer. We are very happy to see that one of our 2 children is “almost done” and is ready to start his own family!
David is right now serving a mission in the Ukraine. David loves his mission and is having great success with the people of Ukraine. We are very happy that he is growing in his testimony of Christ and his restored gospel. He is learning Russian and he is finally feeling very comfortable with the language. We are so happy that he is returning home in mid July. We hope to go pick him up so he can show us where he has been serving for the last 2 years. We are very excited to go get him!
John and I are converts to the church. A year after we had been married we decided to find a church that we could believe in and one that would be good for our family. After much looking, reading and attending most of the major Christian churches, we, just like most people who are earnestly looking for truth, ended up investigating the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints. It took a lot of work in the part of the wonderful Sister Missionaries, but in the end, we were baptized. This was the BEST decision of our lives. Joining the church has truly changed the direction of our lives and the lives of our children and hopefully the lives of many generations of Norens yet to come. We feel so blessed that even though sending our sons on missions has been emotionally hard, our testimony of the gospel is so strong that we are willing to make the sacrifice… of course, as we all know, as we “sacrifice” for the Lord’s purposes, we see that we are the ones being blessed, and so we realize that at the end, we are not sacrificing much at all.
We are so happy to have started a legacy of mission service in our family as our sons are the first Norens to ever go on missions!! John and I cannot wait to be able to retire so we can also go and serve the Lord full time.
Presently, John and I have been called as “Service Missionaries” in the Sealy Branch, so if you do not see us at church, it is because we are attending church with the Saints in the Sealy area.
No comments:
Post a Comment