Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spotlight {Kandace Kohler}


My name is Kandace Logan Kohler and I was born on August 7th in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I graduated from McNeese State University with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. I am currently an Adult Medical/Surgical nurse at Christus St. Catherine Hospital. I am the proud mother of a 13 month old baby girl, Kori Lee, and a 4 year old Shi-tzu named Johnny Ringo. I am blessed to live with my oldest sister, Jessica Cryer, and her two boys, Cade and Jack. We all lived together in Anchorage, Alaska before moving here to Katy. The medical center in Houston is what ultimately brought us to Texas. My daughter needed heart surgery and it couldn't be done in Alaska. I chose Texas Children's mostly because it was so close to family. After 2 open heart surgeries and frequent hospital visits with Kori; it just made sense to stay close to her doctors and our family. I insisted on a back yard while Jessica needed to be close to the city. The compromise was Cinco Ranch and we have been very happy here.
   Some interesting things about me are: I have been dancing since I was 3, I was a dance and gymnastics teacher for 7 years, I'm certified to Scuba-Dive, I love to surf and water ski, I have been sky-diving 3 times, I have 6 nieces and nephews, I love drama/arts/theater, I was in Phi Mu Fraternity in college, my favorite color is blue, I am working on my pediatric nursing certification, If I could be any kind of tree it would be a Palm tree because surely I would be on a beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment