Sunday, May 27, 2012

Spotlight {Julie Miller}




I grew up in Orange County, California.  I was the 5th kid out of 6 (1 boy, 5 girls).  It was real rough living so close to Disneyland (wink, wink).  I used to sit on our roof every night in the summer to watch Disney's firework show.  I also could go to the beach (15 minutes away) and the mountains (30 minutes away) in the same day! I do miss that!   However, I love it here in Katy, Texas.  Rik's job brought us here in 1992, and it feels like home, now.  We have so many friends here, and great memories, too.
I met Rik at a young adult weekend retreat in the California Mountains.  We were engaged 3 1/2 months later.
We have 4 boys: Brandon (married to Rachel.  Sons: Chase-2yrs and Zack 2 weeks), Austin (married to Katie.  Attending Baylor Law School in Waco), Darrik (serving in the New York, New York North mission), Cameron (attending BYU Provo).
Rik and I are empty nesters, now.  We will celebrate our 30th anniversary this October - Woo Hoo!  Life is wonderful and just keeps getting sweeter!
I love playing the piano, doing anything art-sy, and visiting family (gotta love those grandbabies!) and friends. 
I was a professional clown (yes, you read that correctly) for 15 years before deciding to become a teacher.  I love children of all ages!  I guess that's why I served in Primary for 17 years straight! 
I am currently the ward Gospel Doctrine Teacher (along with hubby, Rik).  I have had many callings including seminary teacher, Ward and Stake Primary President, Stake Public Affairs Director, and RS president.  I love the opportunity for growth that comes with each calling.  Heavenly Father knows exactly what I need to grow and how I can best serve him.  I am so thankful for all of the lessons I have learned through my callings.  They have shaped who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment