Sunday, July 22, 2012

Spotlight {Linsey Stuckey}





Hi, I’m Linsey Stuckey!   I was born in Arizona and raised in Laguna Niguel, California.  I’ve also lived in Saudi Arabia, Australia, Utah, Virginia, and now Texas. While I miss California in so many ways, we love the ward here and being right around the corner from Clint’s family.

When I was younger I was a competitive synchronized swimmer, and then in high school I transitioned over to speed swimming.  After high school I studied Political Science and Philosophy at BYU.  Just before graduating, I interned with a law firm in Washington D.C. and absolutely loved it. 

I also began to realize that there wasn’t a whole lot I could do with a Political Science degree, so I thought, “Hey, why not go to law school?!”  So that’s what I did.  I went to law school at BYU (just couldn’t get enough of Provo) and during my third year I happened to meet Clint via his sister Bridget (It’s a cool story.  Stop me sometime and I’ll tell you it).  :o)

I took the Arizona Bar Exam that July, and Clint and I got married two weeks later. Yep, that was one busy summer!  I practiced commercial litigation for two years for a small firm in Arizona while Clint finished up at ASU.  In 2005, Clint took a job with H.D. Vest and we moved to Dallas.  A month later I landed a job as a securities attorney for Wells Fargo Bank, which owned H.D. Vest.  So, for the next two and a half years Clint and I worked in the same office just on different floors.  We loved it!  It was so much fun.
   
During this time we had our first daughter Hayley.  She’s now five.   We also have Colin who’s three and Sydney who will be one year old in November.

In December 2007, Clint took a job with Allianz and we moved to Katy, Texas.  I gave up practicing law and haven’t looked back. I absolutely love being a mom.  There is truly no greater joy than having kids and being together as a family.  I love it!

I also love traveling and exploring the world.  I’ve been all over and can’t get enough of it.  I’m always up for a new adventure.  The more exotic the better.  I also love the magic of Disney.  We try to go at least once or twice a year to either Disney World or Disneyland.  It keeps us young and the kids love it! 

I also love photography.  It’s been the perfect creative outlet.  I shot professionally for a year and a half, but stopped just before Sydney was born.  Now I just shoot for fun.  I also love blogging, hitting the gym, making crafts, planning birthday parties for my kiddos, and hanging out with my family and friends. 

I feel so lucky and fortunate to be in this ward and to be a part of the Relief Society. Currently I’m serving on the Relief Society Enrichment Board.  Now that you know a little about me, I would love to know more about you!

Linsey

No comments:

Post a Comment