Sunday, September 2, 2012

Spotlight {Brooks}


 Hello Everyone!
My name is Brooke Brooks and I am lucky to be in the Katy 3rd Ward Primary with your wonderful children.  I have loved getting to know and love each of these valiant young people.
I was born and raised in Farmington, Utah and have very fond memories of my childhood.  I had great parents, wonderful neighbors and friends and I lived in a very safe, somewhat rural community.  I grew up with 3 younger brothers and we had many adventures roaming the neighborhood, mountain, and creeks that were nearby.  While we didn’t live on a farm, I have always considered myself somewhat of a country girl at heart.
I met my tall, dark, handsome husband Bart on a blind date that was coordinated by our mutual friends who were getting married.  They decided to pay it forward and they set us up.  I had pretty much decided that I was going to marry him before we had even met because our friends gave me such a glowing review of him.  I considered the fact that both he and my dad were named Bart, and that I could possibly be Brooke Brooks (every girls dream) was a pretty good sign that we were “MFEO” (Made for Each Other…name that movie).  Luckily he felt the same!  We dated for a year and a half long distance while he played football at Idaho State University (Pocatello) and I “reigned” as Miss Farmington (really), worked and worked on my degree in Elementary Education.  We were married in December of 2002. 
Since that time we have had 3 boys; Payton who is 7, Levi who is 5, and Hyrum who is 2 1/2.  They are full of energy and “boyness” and keep us on our toes.  We are expecting our fourth boy in January and know he’ll fit right into our loud and crazy home.
When I’m not chasing my boys around, you can find me dabbling in a variety of different hobbies.  I like to sing and play guitar and sometime yodel.  I enjoy running and exercise, thrift shopping and refinishing furniture, and reading when my house is quiet. Ha!    
I love being in this ward and have been inspired by many strong women here.  I look forward to knowing each of you better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment