Sunday, September 23, 2012

Spotlight {Shauna Tracy}



My name is Shauna Tracy.  I have lived in Katy for 3 years.  We moved here from Ponca City, OK, a small town in northern Oklahoma, where we lived for 20 years.  We enjoyed the small-town atmosphere and have fond memories of Ponca City, where all four of our children were born and mostly raised.  I grew up in a very small town in Maine, near the coast, so I love the ocean.  I enjoyed growing up in New England; it's such a unique part of the country--so much history and plenty of outdoor things to do.  My husband, Frank, grew up in Orem, UT. He served a mission in South Korea and then graduated as a chemical engineer from BYU.  Frank and I met at BYU.  My brother-in-law grew up with Frank and introduced us at a dance at the top of Bridal Veil Falls.  We married four months later in December 1988 in the Washington DC temple.  Our wonderful children include:  Katie (20) who is a junior at BYU studying special education.  She married a fine young man in June in the SLC temple.  What an amazing experience that was!  Mallory (18) graduated in June from SLHS and immediately began her college career at BYU summer term 2012.  Mallory is studying to become a speech pathologist.  She loves anything musical and plays piano and guitar.  Allison is 16 and just got her drivers license!  She is a distance runner and competes on the SLHS cross country & track teams.  She also plays the violin and piano.  Seth (13), the only boy, is now as tall as I am and he sure eats a lot!  He enjoys Boy Scouts, inventing, and playing his cello. 
 
Things I enjoy include:  baking, sewing,  staying active, family activities, music, and preparing seminary lessons.  This is my second year as a seminary teacher and I love the seminary program and the seminary students with all my heart!  We have amazing youth in our area!  What a way to start my day:  with a group of wonderful teenagers who help ME learn and grow in the gospel.  It may surprise you to know that even in the early morning hours, you can study the scriptures and learn and feel the spirit!  We have enjoyed being a part of Katy 3rd ward and found many wonderful friends and leaders here.

No comments:

Post a Comment