Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I Seek Not Mine Own Will, but the Will of the Father


Sister Keddington gave our lesson Sunday on Chapter 11 in the manual.

Have you ever questioned the Lord and His ways?  Have you felt totally inadequate in a new calling or as a visiting teacher?

Exodus 3:11
"And Moses said unto God, who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?"
"And Moses said unto the Lord, O, my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore nor since thou has spoken unto thy servant, but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue." (Exodus 4:10)
Even Moses was unsure of his abilities.
"Well, then the Lord is different.  He makes His calls different from those calls made by men.  And people are very apt to be confused in regard to the operations of God in his callings; the best of men, the wisest of men are ofttimes confused."
We know that these people have been given specific callings.  We know the Lord knows us and gives us what he knows we can do.  If we always do the Lord's will we will be successful.  
We have to take this spirit into every aspect of our lives and to not think of self.  Our eyes should be single to the glory of God.  
The manual goes on to say, "We came into the world for a great purpose, the same as Jesus, our elder brother, to do the will and works of our Father, in this there is peace, joy and happiness, an increase of wisdom, knowledge and the power of God; outside of this are no promised blessings.  Thus let us devote ourselves to righteousness, help each and all to be better and happier; do good to all and evil to none.

No comments:

Post a Comment