Saturday, December 10, 2011

Spotlight {Griffeth}



My name is Amy Griffeth. I was raised in Gardena, CA (about 15 minutes from the L.A. Airport.) I am the second youngest of five children. I graduated from BYU with a major in History and a minor in Business. After graduating, I moved back home and started teaching 7th grade Math and Social Studies. Shortly after moving home, I was called as the Stake YSA representative. I enjoyed this calling and met lots of great people. It wasn't long before Jeff became my partner in crime! Jeff and I became great friends as we worked together in this calling. Soon after, we graduated from YSA and were married in the Los Angeles temple. 


After playing for four years, Jeff and I decided it was time to start a family. Lauren was born two months before our fifth anniversary! I cherish the time Jeff and I had together before our children were born. We were able to build a strong foundation that has been beneficial in recent years. It wasn't long after Lauren was born that we decided to make a move to Texas. Jeff had been traveling there frequently and finally convinced me to make the move. It's been one of the best decisions we've made. I definitely know that Heavenly Father had a plan for us to be here. We are grateful to a friend who recommended we check Katy out. We absolutely love it here and don't plan on ever leaving.

Since being here, we've had Jared and Julia. Julia is our last and we have cherished every moment with her. Lauren is five, Jared is three and Julia is one. They keep me extremely busy but I love it. Being a mother is my greatest joy. I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be a mother. I am also thankful that I can stay home and raise them. I love taking care of my household and find joy in it.

In my spare time, I enjoy cooking, reading and running. I just completed my first half marathon and I am currently training for my first full marathon in March. Running gives me my needed time alone!

We have been in the ward for almost five years and I still feel like I don't know everyone. I look forward to getting to know each of you better. Feel free to check out our family blog. The address is www.amygriffeth.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment